Hand Crank Generator – K-Tor® Pocket Socket
The Pocket Socket 2 hand crank generator incorporates what we’ve learned from long term testing and customer feedback since the launch of the original Pocket Socket.
- Stronger power train
- Improved electronics
- Newer, stronger polycarbonate plastic
- Molded, patterned grips for secure handling
- Emergency yellow graphics
- Earth-friendly packaging
The Pocket Socket 2 is a hand powered generator that charges electronics by hand crank. It generates up to 10watts of electricity at 120 volts. That is enough power to charge a wide range of devices.
The Pocket Socket is the only hand crank charger that can charge:
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPods, and iPads
- Digital Cameras
- AA and AAA Battery Chargers
Universal Hand Crank Battery Charger
The Pocket Socket battery charger provides universal compatibility by using the same style electrical socket found in every American home. It can easily be adapted to the European two pin standard (European and international adapters are sold separately). This means the hand crank will charge any rechargeable device that consumes less than 10 watts of electricity.
The Pocket Socket features a large sturdy crank arm with an easy-to-grip knob that makes generating electricity a breeze. It can be used left or right-handed and cranked clockwise or counterclockwise.
The Pocket Socket is a powerful charger. It has a 10W generator. The Pocket Socket charges your mobile device at the same rate it would charge in a standard 120v household electrical outlet.
The size of a water bottle, the Pocket Socket weighs less than a pound, making portability one of its best features. (Size: 2.5″ x 2.25″ x 6.875″. Weight: 15 oz.)
Hand Crank Chargers Advantages
Hand crank chargers are used worldwide for:
- Those traveling to areas that don’t have electric power.
- The Pocket Socket is a great universal travel battery charger for digital cameras, cell phones, flashlights, your GPS, iPhone and more. This is a great vacation device that you can rely on to charge your small electronics.
- Camping and hiking so that a back up source of electricity is always readily available.
- The Pocket Socket generates electricity for flashlights, mobile phones, radios, cameras, rechargeable lights and other devices critical for campers, hikers and those in the great outdoors away from an AC outlet.
- Emergency personnel and those in a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, hurricane or tornado.
- The Pocket Socket can make a difference between life and death in natural disasters that interrupt electricity. You can generate electricity by hand power when electrical sources are unavailable.
- Emergency supply and survival kits for a home emergency, car emergency and general emergency preparedness.
- The Pocket Socket should be included in every 72 hour and emergency survival kit. It can be the difference between life and death in an auto, weather or natural disaster.
- An alternative to solar powered chargers that rely on the sun to generate electricity.
- Solar powered generators don’t work at night or in the shade. Our hand crank generator, The Pocket Socket, works all the time, at night and in bad weather when the sun is not available.